What a day! Clear your head and get some sleep tonight...we have four great games on tap tomorrow in the SEC, ACC, ATL10, and Big10 Championship games. Then it's the 'Selection Show' on CBS and the big debate can begin, in earnest. It's filling out one bracket...and then another, only to watch the whole thing explode before Friday night.
Let me connect you with some great resources to consider as you print brackets and begin to analyze everything:
- CBS cable partner, TruTv will have the Infiniti Selection Show immediately after CBS signs off.
- ESPN will host it's own 'Bracketology' show with the usual suspects you have come to know and love @ 7-9 pm. ESPN U will have a "Tournament Countdown" Show immediately following the NIT Invitation Show @ 9:30 pm.
- ESPN Insider (costs $$) has a remarkable setup right at your fingertips by Monday morning.
- Sirius XM has has it's College Sports Nation (channel 91) that features great interviews with coaches and a live call-in show until the wee hours of the morning.
- The' USA Today newspaper always has a magnificent 'pull-out' section on the Big Dance in it's Monday newspaper with capsules on each team.
- ESPN Radio, which is available online, http://espn.go.com/espnradio/ is a great source with 'name' hosts that cover the Tournament in a way that only radio can.
- Don't discount www.cbssports.com. They've covered the tournament for years. The information there will really surprise you.
I will close it out here with an interview done with the 'Voice of The Final Four', Jim Nantz. He openly talks about how a 'great story' is the key to setting the stage and sharing the 'Shining Moments' of the NCAA Tournament. http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play?channel=videos&pid=DaZXkcMdkMDt While that's certainly true from a journalistic point of view, when you really think about it; that's part of what truly appeals to so many people. It's the drama. It's sneaky and it's powerful, yet shared and intensely personal. I hope your team is in the field of 68. Time to buckle up for the ride of your life! Hold on!